About the Vice Chancellor
Dr. B K Ravindra, M.A., LL.M., Ph.D
- Vice Chancellor of Alliance University, Bangalore
- Prof. (Dr.) B. K. Ravindra, born on 6th June 1954, is the Vice Chancellor of the Alliance University, Bangalore. He has assumed the office of the Vice Chancellor of Alliance University on 19th September 2016. Alliance University Bangalore is the Premier Centre of Legal Education. His academic qualifications are M.A. L.L.M and Ph.D.
- Prof. B. K. Ravindra served for 34 years at S.D.M. Law College, affiliated to Mangalore University and K.S.L.U. Hubli in several capacities as Dean, Faculty of Law, Syndicate Member, Academic Council Member, Chairman of B.O.S., B.O.E. of both Under Graduate and Post Graduate Courses. He was also the Chairman of B.O.S. of Kannur University, Kerala.
- He was instrumental in framing the syllabus for five years integrated course in Law of Karnataka State Law University, Hubli. Dr. B. K. Ravindra was the Academic Council Member of J. S. S. Autonomous law College and also a member of Doctoral Committee of Goa University. He was appointed as the Chairman of Board of Studies in Law of Kannur University.
- Dr. B. K. Ravindra was the pioneer in introducing master Degree Course in Law in S. D. M. Law College, Mangalore as well as Research Centre. He was the first person to introduce various certificate courses and Diploma Courses in S. D. M Law College. Dr. B. K. Ravindra conducted National Conferences on various areas of law and is well known for taking Legal Aid Programs to several villages in Mangalore. He has organized a number of National Moot Court Competitions. Dr. B. K. Ravindra was the coordinator for the period of five years on the Project Environment, Capacity Building in association with National Law School of India University, Bangalore for five years.
- Dr. B. K. Ravindra was the first to introduce a National Culture Fest termed as a “Samskruthi” and established Law Lab, the first of its kind in the field of Legal Education. In order to Commemorate the 25th year of S. D. M Law College he organized Endowment Lectures by taking the assistance of Alumni. Legal Luminaries like Dr. Santhosh Hegde, Justice N. Kumar, Justice B. P. Singh, Justice J. S. Verma, Justice Markhandaiah Khatju were invited to speak on current topics of Law. Dr. B. K. Ravindra attended a Bridge Course on Clinical Legal Education at Delhi for a period of two weeks. He was the first to organize an International Conference on Rethinking of Religion in association with Ghent University, Belgium, November 2012. Dr. B. K. Ravindra has published 36 papers on various areas of law and has attended a number of National and International Conferences. He was the first to come out with a legal journal entitled “Legal opus” with I.S.B.N number for the Post Graduate Department. He has received several awards for his contribution to the field of Law. He has worked not only as the Principal and Chairman of S.D.M Law College but also a Dean of Alliance School of Law and Director of Oxford law College.
- The Chancellor of Alliance University by looking at his Contribution to the field of law elevated him to the post of Vice Chancellor of Alliance University.